Implementation period: 01.01.2022 – 31.12.2024
Funding line: ERASMUS +
Project Number: KA220-VET-D4346E1E
Throughout the European Green Deal, education is a central component in achieving the EU’s climate goals.
The modernization of infrastructure and adaptation of industries (Sustainable Development Goal 9) and the efficient use of natural resources (Sustainable Development Goal 12) will lead to the transition to a low-carbon, resource-efficient economy and this process requires systemic changes that will spill over not only into new products and services but also into production processes and business models (UNESCO, 2017). This ‘greening’ of the economy inevitably changes the skills required in many of the existing professions (European Commission, 2020).
RetroVET directly supports the European Green Deal as a new growth strategy and recognizes the key role of vocational training for a successful transition to climate neutrality by 2050.
RetroVET aims at adapting vocational training to future labour market needs by supporting the development of innovative tools that will inspire VET centres to offer a balanced mix of vocational skills related to existing and evolving occupations and working methods as well as key green skills.
RetroVET adapts today’s vocational training offer and jobs to address the needs of the future European labour market, increasing long-term employability and sustainability.
The process objectives are to:
- Contribute to developing and promoting a green culture among VET institutions
- Close the green skills gap between VET centres that have successfully adopted green skills implementation practices, through facilitating integration between VET centres that have not adopted ICT practices
- Develop a collaborative peer mentoring and performance improvement tool/framework for European green skills in VET
- Exploit the multiplier structures of European VET networks and regional hubs to embed ICT skills change in VET centres across Europe.
- Promote and facilitate green skills learning through interdisciplinary collaboration and peer-to-peer learning between European VET centres, practitioners and wider stakeholders
- VET trainers
- VET training institutions
- Report on the integration of VET green skills
- RetroVET interactive benchmarking tool
- RetroVET platform and matching tool
- RetroVET Digital course for facilitators
Cuiablue OÜ Estonia
STOWARZYSZENIE CENTRUM WSPIERANIA EDUKACJI I PRZEDSIEBIORCZOSCI Poland
LABC S.R.L. Italy
LOVILA LIMITED Cyprus
MARKEUT SKILLS SOCIEDAD LIMITADA Spain
ASSIST -Gesellschaft für Unternehmensberatung und Personalentwicklung mbH Germany
Mindshift Talent Advisory lda Portugal