Implementation period: 01.01.2022 – 31.12.2023
Funding line: ERASMUS +
Project number: 2021-1-RO01-KA220-ADU-000033435
The rapid development of information and communication technologies, coupled with socio-demographic changes, places a much greater strain on people over 50 and adults with low or no qualifications than in the past. To keep pace with change, it is necessary both to have an adequate level of media literacy to avoid digital or financial exclusion and to limit the chances of professional or social exclusion. As media convergence progresses, so does the convergence of skills. Media convergence is nothing more than a combination of media, telecommunications and information technology. As these areas overlap, there is also a process of skills convergence, i.e. the combination of media, information and digital skills. Supporting and involving adult educators in the project activities is crucial, as educators must actively support adult learners in acquiring new skills. The objective of the MCRE project is to promote adult education, to increase their media literacy and critical vision, and to increase adaptability to the circumstances created by the COVID-19 pandemic among people with fewer opportunities (low skilled, unemployed youth, adults at risk of poverty, etc.) and adult educators.
The objective of the project is to promote adult education, increase their media literacy and critical viewing, and improve their adaptability to the circumstances created by the COVID-19 pandemic among people with fewer opportunities (low skilled people, unemployed youth, adults at risk of poverty, etc.) and adult educators from Romania, Poland, Italy, Cyprus, Spain, Portugal.
The process objectives are aimed at:
– help adults to analyse information so that they can be more responsive to fake news and misinformation
– provide them with tools (mobile application) to assess fake news.
– people with fewer opportunities (low-skilled people, unemployed young people, adults at risk of poverty, etc.)
– adult educators (institutions supporting and taking care of disadvantaged adults) in Romania, Poland, Italy, Cyprus, Spain and Portugal.
– The MCRE e-book will be a collection of content that trains the necessary critical thinking skills of the European community European community (and in particular the target group of this project) in order to improve their ability to process information from different media.
– The MCRE mobile application will consist of activity sheets and quizzes focused on how to analyse the information received and be more responsive to fake news.
coordinator: Asociatia de Dezvoltare Economico- Sociala (Romania)
STOWARZYSZENIE CENTRUM WSPIERANIA EDUKACJI I PRZEDSIEBIORCZOSCI (Poland)
LOVILA LIMITED (Cyprus)
MARKEUT SKILLS SOCIEDAD LIMITADA (Spain)
TIBER UMBRIA COMETT EDUCATION PROGRAMME (Italy)
LABC S.R.L. (Italy)
E&D KNOWLEDGE CONSULTING, LDA (Portugal)