Implementation period: 01/11/2022 – 30/10/2024
Funding stream: ERASMUS +
Project number: 2022-1-ES01-KA220-VET-000085594
ABOUT THE PROJECT
DigiFreeLancer – Digital and business skills for a freelance entrepreneurship incubator is a two-year project funded by the Erasmus+ Programme.
The main objective of the project is to support and empower the category of freelance workers by creating an innovative and reference model able to guarantee adequate entrepreneurial and digital training for professionals, so that they can start or manage a continuous and valuable professional activity.
The freelance economy is becoming increasingly relevant in the labour and business market, thanks to new technologies and ongoing social transformations. The financial crisis of 2008 represented the emergence of freelancers as a new type of ‘service provider’ on the market. Later, with the pandemic and its severe social and economic consequences, many employees have turned into freelancers, or are planning to do so. This trend, which initially mainly concerned digital professions, which found their natural outlet in the freelance formula, is now emerging in all service sectors, both craft and intellectual.
Policies to support the category are not growing at the same rate as the growth in the number of freelancers, both in European countries and in the rest of the world, and there is a lack of real training opportunities to support the increasing number of this category of workers, but also their quality in terms of entrepreneurial skills. The existing training proposal aimed at freelancers is limited, often borrowed from training for companies or start-ups and is not built on the real needs of freelancers.
In line with the Entrepreneurship 2020 Action Plan, the project aims to strengthen the freelance segment in order to
- reduce the ‘mortality rate’ of freelancers, with positive effects on general unemployment;
- reduce the use of income support policies for workers who find themselves out of work;
- encourage the spread of new business opportunities in the digital age;
- improve the overall income of the freelance category;
- reduce ‘moonlighting’ in favour of more stable and well-paid jobs;
- promote a work style with a better work-life balance;
- reduce the dissatisfaction rate of workers, who would be engaged in a job they are passionate about and which allows them to exploit their talents.
The main target groups of Digifreelancer are:
- Vocational trainers
- Active freelancers
- Aspiring freelancers
- People who wish to combine a freelance activity with their work as an employee, as preparation for the ultimate change of direction.
- Professionals and consultants who offer services to other freelancers, but to whom freelancers feel they cannot turn for economic reasons (e.g. notaries, lawyers, trademark experts, consultants, etc.).
- OVERVIEW OF THE FREELANCE WORLD IN EUROPE AND SURVEY OF OPPORTUNITIES/DISADVANTAGES OF THE FREELANCE ECONOMY
- METHODOLOGY FOR ENTREPRENEURIAL TRAINING OF FREELANCERS
- IMPLEMENTATION OF A DIGITAL FREELANCE INCUBATOR MODEL
INSTALOFI LEVANTE- FYG CONSULTORES (Coordinator) -Spain
LABC S.R.L. – Italy
ASSERTED KNOWLEDGE (AKNOW) – Greece
CWEP – Centrum Wspierania Edukacji i Przedsiębiorczości – Poland
CANDIDE INTERNATIONAL -Belgium
ARCHIVIO DELLA MEMORIA – Italy
EUROPEAN LEARNING CENTRE – Spain
Project website: https://digifreelancer.erasmus.site/
Facebook Group: COMING SOON…