Implementation period: 01.11.2020 – 30.04.2023
Assistance program ERASMUS+ KA2 Cooperation for innovation and exchange of good practices
Project number: 2020-1-UK01-KA201-079063
This project draws together educators seeking to engage school children to think critically about climate change, collaborate sustainably and act justly. It will accompany learners, educators and teachers to become familiar with and held a online conference based on the Model UN Climate Conferences, in relation to the COP-26 “YOUTH4CLIMATE: driving ambition” (Milan (IT) between 30 Sept. and 2 Oct. 2021).
The project aims to:
- The project’s activities will result in educators and teachers having increased skills to create safe spaces for children and students to actively engage with climate change issues locally, and support Climate Partners internationally.
- Educators and teachers will be introduce to COP (Conference Of the Parties), the Model UN Climate Conferences, following the forthcoming COP-26 “YOUTH4CLIMATE: driving ambition” which will take place in Milan (IT) between 30 Sept. and 2 Oct. 2021.
- Trainee educators will become aware of the need for critical thinking and have access to a relevant Teacher Toolkit resource. Crucially, the creation of the Educational E Platform will reach teachers beyond the project beneficiaries. \
- This chain of activities and results will promote the diffusion of critical thinking about how to make climate education engaging and meaningful. It will also increase the practice of good digital learning. In doing so it will better prepare even marginalised children to take fuller role as 21st century global citizens.
- It will directly reach 500 educators across France, Hungary, Italy and the UK, and create a high profile educational platform to reach many more. These educators will facilitate Model UN Climate Conferences with over 12,000 pupils. The results of this project will be shared with schools and local authorities and 1200 trainee teachers, and more broadly contribute to understanding of climate education.
- “Climate Action Guide for Teachers, Pupils and Policy Makers: Thinking critically, collaborating sustainable and acting justly”.
- Climate Conference Toolkit
- Educational E Platform
- coordinator: Liverpool World Centre (UK)
- Anthropolis Antropologiai Kozhasznuegyeseulet (HU)
- Diciannove società Cooperativa (IT)
- InterClimate Trust (UK)
- Le Partenariat (FR)
- LABC srl (IT)
website: : www.icanproject.eu